Yesterday we launched a new karaoke database browser. With more than 6400 songs, we needed a simple way for you to find your favorite songs.
The site you’re going to visit by clicking the link above belongs to a bigger site that’s still being developed, and it’s called Karaoke Mugen Server.
KM Server already does :
- Receiving and centralizing stats sent from Karaoke Mugen instances.
- URL shortener for your isntance (kara.moe) that you type in to use your KM Instance.
- Karaoke database explorer.
In the end, version 1.0 is going to offer :
- A way for Karaoke Mugen app to browse the karaoke database and download only the songs you’ll need (you don’t need to download everything anymore)
- Displaying stats we collected so far
- An online account and favorites system so you can log in with your online credentials on any KM instance connected to the internet.
- An online mode for Karaoke Mugen which will allow you to run your instance and allow people who are not on your Wifi network to connect to it.
- A way for you to send us your own karaoke through a web form.
And perhaps other features later.
Who is that for?
Karaoke Mugen Server being an open-source project, it’s linked to the Karaoke Mugen Application that you already know. You can, as a physical person or an organization, manage your own Karaoke Mugen Server, with your own karaoke database.
The Karaoke Mugen app can indeed connect to any Karaoke Mugen Server : if you have a great domain name you’d like to use (like genshi.ken or something) and offer your own songs there, you can do it : any KM App can connect to it.
If for instance we refuse a karaoke that you like for one reason or another, you can with ease manage your own karaoke base and offer to others your awesome karaokes without depending on kara.moe